Police clearance is required in many transactions. Many employers ask for police clearance along with other pertinent documents that show that an applicant has no criminal record and has a clean background. Also, this can be a used to replace a valid ID for identification purposes. This is also necessary for those who want to go abroad.
Here are some information that anyone who wants to get a police clearance in the Philippines must know. These will help them get the document easier.
Before going to the local PNP (Philippine National Police) station, applicants should make sure to take the following requirements:
- Barangay clearance- this can be acquired from the barangay hall of where the applicant resides. This is not difficult to apply for.
- Community tax certificate or cedula- the applicant needs to apply for this at the municipal office. This is also necessary for getting a barangay clearance.
- 2×2 ID picture- the applicant better have this with a white background for appropriateness and formality.
- 5×8 index card- sometimes the PNP station provides the card, but just to be sure, the applicant better brings one.
- Application form- this will be given at the station.
- Fees- usually, the applicant will need to prepare around P250.00 (this varies depending on the application purpose).
- Go to the local PNP station and bring the requirements along.
- Ask for an application form for police clearance and fill it out carefully.
- Once the application form is completed, the applicant will ask for a payment request form. This will be used in paying for the necessary fees.
- Pay the necessary fees at the Treasury Office. The amount will vary based on the application purpose.
- After the payment process, the applicant should go back to the police clearance office to go through the fingerprinting process on the form.
- Next is the payment for the police clearance ID. Applicants now receive a police clearance valid ID, not just a certificate.
- Once the payment is done, the applicant will head to the encoding area, where the person’s basic details will be verified to be encoded. A picture will also be taken for the ID, and thumb prints will be scanned.
- After this step, the applicant will be sent to the holding area where all applicants wait for the release of the police clearance.
Getting a police clearance is easy and simple. Applicants just have to be patient enough to go through the process. For more information, they can visit their local PNP station or check the PNP website.
About Joan Cyril Abello
Joan Cyril Abello graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Communication Arts. She is a content writer and a blogger. She's the content specialist of FAQ.PH. Follow her on Twitter at @Joan_Cyril.
uhm pwde po ba ako kumuha ng cedula sa municipal kaht na nd aku dun mismo lumaki sa lugar na un ? dun na kc ako nakatira .. o kylangan dun sa munisipyo kung san ako nakatira dati ?
This is inaccurate, it may be applicable to some locations but not for Pasig where I am.
I got a Police Clearance this afternoon from the Police Headquarters along C. Raymundo. I initially followed the procedures indicated here but have been told by the processing officers that they are not applicable. Please note that these are not needed: Baranggay Clearance, Community Tax Certificate, 2×2 ID picture, 5×8 index card. All I brought were: myself, pen and money. Costs: Php 100.00 with ID; Php 150.00 with ID. Impressively, the PNP has gone high-tech. It took only about 10-15mins and I was done!
I wish the author had been a bit more diligent since she was not able to help but instead caused me troubles. I had to go to the Baranggay Hall to ask for a Baraggay Clearance and was told that it’s not needed for the Police Clearance. Logic is that the Police has better facilities that the Baranggay to check for derogatory records so they won’t need information from the Baranggay.
Thanks for sharing your information Row.
Shairamae Bongalos says
Pwede bang kumuha ng police clearance pag saturday? Thanks
Manila Police District, U.N. Avenue, Ermita, Manila
Kung sa Manila Police district ka kukuha ng Police Clearance at Police ID, ang kailangan mo lang dalhin ay Cedula at 300 pesos na processing fee para sa ID at clearance. Sila ang mag bibigay ng forms. Hindi mo na kailangan pang magdala ng picture, index card or baranggay clearance. At makukuha mo na din ang ID at clearance mo pagkatapos ng 15-30 minutes.
Teyob Alazira says
400 po siningil sa akin sa caloocan branch…for abroad po US..after maprint sabi sa akin wala daw pipirma kaya pinababalik ako after 1 week…normal po ba yun?
Joel Molinar says
kailangan ba talagang i renew every 6 months ang police clearance kahit employed kana? any one?
No need. Only when you apply again and the company requires it
Joel molinar says
Bakit po sa paranaque required na i renew ang police clearance every 6 months kahit emplyed kn? Tapos salary deduction pa… anung po ba yan pera pera lng? Tapos same nl g ung price ng renewal at new police clearance… compute nyo nkng po if 1000 employees kami times 280 pesos… every 6 months? Wow laking pera…. di po ba?
Paul Andre says
Hello, Pede ba ako kumuha ng police clearance sa kahit anung police station sa manila kahit taga laguna ako? thanks for the help
Good Evenig Sir/Ma’am.
Kumuha po ako ng barangay clearance
at police clearance dito sa
amin. Ang problema ko po. Matapos po ng dalawang araw ay napasyahan ko
pong tingnan ang requirements na to. At napansin ko na mali ako. Kasi,
yung nalagay kong O.R # (Official Receipt) dun sa ibaba ng Barangay
Clearance form ay O.R # ng Police Clearance, imbes na O.R # ng Barangay
Clearance.Dun po sa Police Clearance, palagay ko wala ng problem.
Kasi,pra dun talga ang O.R # ng Police Clearance.
Tanong ko po: Kung pede, dun na lang ako magpokus sa Barangay Clearance
at bumili na lang uli ng Barangay Clearance Form at Official Receipt
nito.At pagmatapos kong mapapirmahan sa Barangay Captain, ibibigay ko na
lng ang kopya nito dun sa nagbigay sa akin ng Police Clearance?
Tanong ko uli: Kung hindi po ba MALI o BAWAL ang ganung naisip na
paraan? Kasi hindi naman lingid sa kaalaman natin na,bago makakuha ang
Police Clearance, ay Barangay Clearance muna ang unahin.Kasi kung
titingnan natin, parang nauna yung araw ng pagkuha sa Police Clearance
kaysa sa Barangay Clearance…
Kung hindi naman PEDE.. ano po ang pinaka magandang gawin?
charmaine toroctocon says
magkano na po ang bayad sa police clearance ngaun sa Valenzuela ? and same procedure pa din po ba ? at required po ba talaga ung mga nabanggit na requirements ? salamat po
may hawak po akong police clearance ngayon galing sa probinsya namin.. pwede po ba akong kumuha ng i.d kahit from province po ung police clearance ko?? thank you..