To rise, our country needs citizens who are not only gifted with intelligent minds and hardworking hands, but also with a brave heart. We need to have a strong desire in our hearts to create a powerful conviction in our minds and continuously work our hands toward realizing our dreams for our nation, for our children, and the next generation.
We should not fear. We must face and fight the real enemies of our country. We must protect the Philippines from corruption, tyranny, injustice, poverty, and other crises. If you truly love the Philippines, join us and have a brave heart to express yourself in order to protect our native land and save our countrymen.
Brave Heart is a special section in FAQ.PH, where we publish columns from courageous Filipinos who want to express their opinion or tell their stories about helping, saving and developing our nation and its people.
If you want your article or column to be published in our Brave Heart section and let the world learn about it, please read our guidelines below.
What articles or columns do we publish at Brave Heart?
1. Articles about fighting corruption, poverty, injustice and other big problems in the Philippines.
2. Sensible opinions and columns about the current issues in the Philippines.
3. Wonderful stories about the beautiful tourist spots and wonders of nature in the Philippines.
4. Inspiring stories about Filipinos who achieved success in business, sports, arts, leadership and the like.
5. Articles and opinions about improving the Philippine economy, education, sports, culture, and society.
6. Amazing and informative stories about the history of the Philippines.
7. Fearless but honest opinions and revelations about any transgression committed against our beloved country (must be supported with evidence).
8. Any other article, story or column that will give valuable lessons and inspiration to all the Filipinos, whether they’re in the Philippines or abroad.
What should be the form of the article or column?
1. It must be written in English so the world can read it.
2. It must have a minimum of 800 words and a maximum of 2,500 words.
3. It must be original and be written with all honesty and integrity.
4. If the article/column has claims, they must be supported with evidences or references.
5. The article/column should not contain profanity or foul words. We don’t need superfluous or excessive jargons. If the common and simple Filipinos can understand your language, then it’s great. What important are the lessons you give to the common readers.
6. It should be proof-read by the contributor/author to check for grammar and spelling before submission.
7. Optionally, the contributor can also submit picture(s) to support his/her article. The picture(s) must be owned by him/her.
8. The contributor is also required to submit his/her short bio (profile picture is optional) to be attached to his/her article.
9. The article/column must be exclusively published only in FAQ.PH to avoid duplication of content on the Internet.
What can you get from joining Brave Heart?
1. Your story/column with your name as the author will be published in FAQ.PH and be read by our growing blog readers, Facebook followers, and other social media subscribers from the Philippines and around the world.
2. It’s a great way to fulfill your duty and desire to help the Philippines and the Filipinos.
3. It’s a smart way to develop your writing skill and promote your personal brand as a prominent writer.
4. You will be in our top priority when we distribute gifts and tokens in the future, such as exclusive FAQ.PH t-shirts and pens.
Will you receive monetary compensation for your contribution?
Currently, no. FAQ.PH is not currently earning any amount of income. We don’t have any third-party advertisement, sponsor or donor. However, in the future, if we decide to place ads and earn income after all our expenses, we may decide to compensate Brave Heart columnists for their efforts. Though, we believe that money would not matter most when it comes to helping our country.
What are the steps for submitting your Brave Heart story/column?
1. Send your article/column, including your short bio, and optionally, your profile picture and article picture(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org .
2. Wait for our reply confirming your submission.
3. Wait for our reply confirming that your submission is approved and is already published at FAQ.PH.
Other things to remember
1. We publish Brave Heart article or column once a week.
2. It may take us 1-6 weeks to review your story, especially if we receive several submissions.
3. You can submit as many article/column as you can that you believe fits in our Brave Heart section.
We reserve the right to not accept articles or columns that are not in compliance with the guidelines above.
Victorino Q. Abrugar
FAQ.PH Founding Editor