Postal ID is among the considered valid identification cards in the Philippines. It is used to verify the identification and postal address of the ID owner. This can be acquired easier compared to other government acceptable IDs, so many people apply for this. Nowadays, getting a Postal ID has become simpler and easier. For those who want to get their ID, here are the requirements and steps of the application process.
Where to apply for Postal ID
To get a Postal ID, applicants have to go to nearest Philippine Postal Corporation (Philpost) Office in their area. Usually, this is located at the local Municipal Office.
There are several requirements that the applicants should prepare for the Postal ID application. Here are the following:
- Application form
- Barangay Clearance
- Cedula (Latest)
- Original copy of NSO Birth Certificate (or authenticated by the Local Civil Registrar)- for those who do not have a Birth Certificate, they will need to submit a Negative Certification from the NSO or a Certification of No Record from the LCR. They should also bring any of the following documents: Certificate of Live Birth (original and photocopy), Baptismal Certificate (original and photocopy), Marriage Contract (if the applicant is single, it can be of the parents), or Form 137 from elementary (original and photocopy)
- Original copy of NSO Marriage Certificate (or authenticated by the LCR)-this is only for female applicants who are married
- Original copy of Certificate of No Marriage-for applicants who are single
- 3 pieces of 2×2 ID photo (white background)
- Application and processing fees
- Any valid ID (e.g. company ID, school ID, NBI Clearance, or Police Clearance)
The application fee is currently P175.00. For the processing fees, applicants have options. The regular processing costs P100.00, and the ID will be delivered in 5 to 10 days. For those in a hurry, rush processing will cost them P200.00, but they can get their ID in 2 to 3 days.
Steps of Application
- Go to the nearest Philpost Office.
- File the application for the Postal ID.
- Submit the necessary documents required.
- Pay the application and processing fees.
- Sign the ID and the documents (Make sure signature is similar to those used on other ID cards).
- Wait for the delivery of the ID.
Postal ID is easy to acquire. For more information regarding the process, applicants can go to the Philpost Office in their town, or visit their official website.
Like and join us on Facebook