Being a PhilHealth member is really beneficial as not just you, but also your beneficiaries can take advantage of medical assistance. PhilHealth is the health insurance company administered by the Philippine government. All employers in the country are required to provide this benefit to their employees to secure the health and protection of Filipinos.
However, even unemployed people can benefit from PhilHealth assistance. If you are self-employed, or unemployed as of time being, you can still be a member under the Individually Paying Member category. This is also referred to as Voluntary Member by others. If you want to be a voluntary Philhealth member, here are what you need to do.
- Go to the nearest PhilHealth branch in your area.
- Ask for and fill out the Philhealth Member Registration Form or PMRF. You can also download this online.
- Submit the following requirements:
- Photocopy of NSO Birth Certificate, valid IDs such as TIN ID or driver’s license, or other documents that can prove your identity
- Photocopy of same kind of documents above for the beneficiaries
- Photocopy of Alien Certificate of Registration (for foreigners)
- Wait for the release of your PhilHealth Number.
- Pay the contributions.
Make sure that you keep a copy of your PhilHealth Number as this will be permanent. You can also apply online through their official website. PhilHealth membership application process is not difficult. You can also encourage your loved ones, who are not members yet, to apply.